It seems that the Terrible 2's have come to us 5 months earlier then expected with this little one and although she looks like the perfect little angel, she is not.
Yesterday morning I jumped in the shower and was in the middle of washing my hair when I heard a loud Thud! My first thought was that another one of those lousy pigeons had flown into our window, my second thought was that maybe Brian had come back home and slammed the door...then I heard the fluttering of little feet and in ran little Sadie J.. Before I got in the shower, she had been sleeping in her crib, or so I thought. I hadn't heard any early morning jabbering...I am sure you can imagine my shock at seeing her, OUT of her crib. I asked her if Dad was home, thinking that perhaps he had gotten her out of the crib, but no, there was no Brian to be found in the house. I asked Sadie if she had climbed/fallen out of the crib and she looked down at the floor and said, "yea" and "ouch"... she was upset and whimpering a little bit, more from the shock of it all then being hurt...she wasn't bleeding or bruised and after a warm shower seemed fine. I, however, am not fine. None of my other kids ever attempted this feat at two or even three years, let alone 19 months...I saw my afternoons as I have known them flash before my eyes, thinking that this is the end of my two hours of peace and quiet while she naps each day and the easy lay-her-in-the-crib-at-night-and-close-the-door routine. She is way too little to be doing this!
I was so worried about her doing this again at nap time, that I stayed in her room and watched her try. She got one leg up and then I told her "No" and that she would fall and get hurt. She ran back and forth in the crib trying to find her escape route until I finally brought her to my bed which turned into an afternoon of me drifting off to sleep (about 5 times) while she ran around upstairs tearing the bedrooms apart and coming in to bring me interesting objects or items she isn't suppose to have. It was quite the afternoon. By 4 p.m. she was exhausted and begging for an early bedtime and she didn't try even once to climb out of that crib. So, we will see how the next few days go and how daring she'll be.
8 years ago
I haven't used one, but I've heard of people who have successfully used a crib tent that you attach to the top so they can't get out. Good luck!
ReplyDelete